Story of Vietnam coffee production
Before knowing how to vietnam coffee production, it is necessary to understand briefly about it. Coffee trees came to Vietnam following the footsteps of the French in the mid-19th century.
Coffee (arabica) is the first coffee variety introduced into our country since 1857, through a number of French missionaries. Firstly, it was tested in Christian churches in some provinces in the North such as Ha Nam and Phu Ly. After that, coffee trees were planted to expand into Thanh Hoa, Nghe An and Ha Tinh provinces. Then spread to the central provinces like Quang Tri and Quang Binh. After the war, the coffee gardens here continue to be maintained. Therefore, this area has a very high distribution of coffee trees. The new coffee tree eventually developed into the South Central Highlands and Southeast and people began to realize that Tay Nguyen is the most suitable place to grow coffee.
How a vietnam coffee production made
Step 1: Material handling
During storage, green coffee absorbs many strange flavors, especially musty smells, so it is necessary to treat raw materials. The methods of handling materials are as follows:
– Treatment with water: only applicable to the type of coffee with high quality materials (during storage without mold). Soak the ingredients in water for 5 minutes, the water will soak into the coffee beans and dissolve the strange flavors, then remove and drain, dry.
– Treatment with organic solvents: use for lower quality materials. Common solvent is 20% ethilic alcohol V, 5 ÷ 10 minutes, then removed and drained, dried.
Step 2: Roasted
This is the most important step because the fragrance forms in this process. Roasting temperature is usually controlled in the range of 200 – 2400 Celsius. This process consists of three phases:
– At a temperature of < 500 Celsius, we see a lot of white smoke, mainly volumetric unmodified water vapor. At the end of this period, we see the stop of vitality (white smoke), this is a sign to move to the next step.
– When the temperature rises to 1500 Celsius, the process of gas accumulation occurs in the grain, so the volume of the grain increases suddenly, at this time, we hear light explosions, the grain turns brown. In this period, we see white gas escaping.
– When the temperature reaches 2200 Celsius, keep at this temperature for 10-15 minutes, at this time, the volume of grain does not change, the gas production is very weak or stopped, the grain turns dark brown.
Roasted coffee beans are required to have a dark brown outer surface, the inside is a cockroach color, a strong aroma, a bitter taste.
Step 3: Cooling, impregnating
Cooling is done in a vertical cooling device, using a fan to cool it down. To increase product quality, for fat (margarine) in the early steps of cooling, the fat will retain the aromatic substances on the surface of the grain. Then spray the dissolved saline under the dew of the mist to absorb it evenly.
Step 4: Grind
After fully cooling, roasted coffee is transferred to the bath for 15 to 20 days after being ground. Whole grain is transferred to a small grinder, ground coffee powder must reach 1.6mm sieve (90%). Ground coffee powder with a size greater than 1.6 mm is brought to grind to ensure the above requirements.
Step 5: Pack
Roasted coffee (especially roasted coffee) is easy to lose fragrance, absorb strange odors and is prone to oxidation, so it is necessary to pack it carefully. Using packaging such as BOPP film, MMCP meet the requirements for food packaging to carry out packaging.
Roasted ground coffee (packed) is packed into a carton with a weight of 20kg / barrel for preservation.
Step 6: Preservation
Preserved in dry, cool place.
That’s how we made a coffee production in Vietnam for one of the best quality.
One of the best vietnam coffee production
Pho Co Coffee comes from a shop specializing in retail distribution and small business on the old town of Hanoi center. From the first page of its beginning in 1978, through many years of change, Pho Co Coffee has been known to not only the Vietnamese people. But also foreigners from Asia, Europe, America to Australia.